Dating Divorced Men: Pros and Cons
Jasbina Ahluwalia discusses with Christie Hartman, author of Changing Your Game: A Man’s Guide to Success with WomenFind The Love of Your Life Online:
As far as having children, that’s a life goal, whether you want them or you don’t. The implications are there. You don’t want to make assumptions and not pay attention to that. Our listeners tend to be commitment minded. If you are looking for someone for the long haul, knowing the life goals and having compatibility there is crucial.
Let’s jump to the third book, Dating the Divorced Man: Sort Through the Baggage to Decide if He’s Right for You. Your book details the pros and cons of dating divorced men. I’d love for you to share some of your top ones with our listeners.
Dr. Christie Hartman
There are many pros and cons. They’re mostly pros, which is good news if you’re divorced. Many people are. They want to get back out in the game and feel like they can have good luck. And they will.
Dating Divorced Men: Pros
- The biggest pro with dating a divorced man is that it shows that he is interested in marriage. If you want to get married and have a family, or just want to get married, a divorced man is proof that he’s interested or capable of doing that.
- If you’re afraid of men who are commitment phobic or who are less traditional and don’t value marriage, usually, divorced men liked being married and want to marry again.
- Another big one is that divorced men are usually a little bit more mature and experienced. They know how to make a long-term relationship work.
- Getting divorced doesn’t mean that you don’t know how to make a relationship work. It usually means that you had to learn a lot. For whatever reason, the marriage didn’t work out.
- Anyone who has been married knows that it takes a lot of work to make a relationship work. A divorced man isn’t going to wig out because you have a bad day, you have a meltdown or you’re moody. A man who’s been married has been around the block. That’s a nice thing.
Dating Divorced Men: Cons
I’d say that the only con is baggage. This varies from man to man. Baggage doesn’t have to be a bad thing but it can be. The most common reason why it can be a problem is when men don’t deal with their baggage.
These are the kinds of things that can be problems but they don’t have to be. Usually, if a man deals with his baggage or the issues that are divorce related, then he can move forward into a new relationship with great success.
Have you seen any successful experiences when dating divorced men? Do you know anyone who has had a bad experience? Leave a comment in the comments section below.
The above is an excerpt from Jasbina’s interview with Christie Hartman.
The entire interview transcript is at: Christie Hartman Interview – A Man’s Guide to Success with Women
Listen to the entire interview on: Intersections Match Talk Radio – Jasbina’s Lifestyle Show
Listen to the entire interview on Blog Talk Radio: A Man’s Guide To Success With Women – Christie Hartman
Listen to the entire interview on iTunes