Guidelines for Dating Men Who Divorced
Jasbina Ahluwalia discusses with Christie Hartman, author of Changing Your Game: A Man’s Guide to Success with WomenFind The Love of Your Life Online:
Dr. Christie Hartman
There are a few different ones. First, try to find out his situation. Every divorced man has a different situation. Divorced men are as unique as the rest of us. It’s important to find out if he’s divorced yet. Dating separated men is a whole different ballgame than dating divorced men. If he’s actually divorced then it’s much easier.
- Does he have children?
- How many does he have?
- How old are they? Younger children are a different challenge than older children.
- What is his relationship like with his ex-wife?
Dating Men Who Divorced: The Assessment
You want to find a situation that is compatible with your needs:
- If you want a free, fun lifestyle than a man with three young children may not be the best choice for you.
- If you are interested in being a step-mother, young children can be great.They’re usually very welcoming to new partners, whereas older children are already grown up and beyond the need for a new parent.
- In some cases, it’s important to assess whether he’s ready for a new relationship or not.Some divorced men are ready to move on but some are not, especially if the divorce was recent and if they’re not divorced yet. They may seek a relationship but they may not be ready for one yet. You have to watch his behavior. If he seems ambivalent, he disappears for a while, he’s still grieving the divorce or showing signs of grief, it’s important to back off and let him go through what he needs to do.
How hard is it dating a man who divorced someone else? Assessing the situation might be challenging. Leave a comment in the comments section below.
The above is an excerpt from Jasbina’s interview with Christie Hartman.
The entire interview transcript is at: Christie Hartman Interview – A Man’s Guide to Success with Women
Listen to the entire interview on: Intersections Match Talk Radio – Jasbina’s Lifestyle Show
Listen to the entire interview on Blog Talk Radio: A Man’s Guide To Success With Women – Christie Hartman
Listen to the entire interview on iTunes